Monday, August 18, 2008

An exciting month

Ximena is five months old now and she is beautiful and sweet. It has been a very exciting month for the Whyte family. She just recently rolled over for the first time and we were super excited about it. I was reading a book next to her while she was playing on her mat when I saw her trying to turn. I was really tempted to help her, but decided to let her try on her own and she did it!!! Of course I called Robert immediately and told him all about it. She still does not like to be on her tummy, but it seems like she cannot help but rolling over every time she is playing on a flat surface. The day she turned five months, she decided to sleep through the night too. That was almost as exciting as rolling over (probably more, but I guess I should not admit it). This month also, she started sitting up without support. She still needs close supervision because she loses her balance easily, but I am sure she will master this art in a few weeks. Today, we went to Ximena’s preschool for the first time and she stayed for 2 ½ hours. Wow!!! I stayed with her for a full hour though . We’ll try to go and stay for a couple of hours every day so she can get to know her teachers and classmates before she starts going for longer periods of time.




No comments: